My name is Julie. I’m in my mid 20’s. I’m a native Californian: born and raised in the sunny south & currently working and residing in the foggy north.
In Fall 2015, I will be relocating to the great state of Texas to pursue a doctoral degree!
My days look a little like this:
- Wake up. Lay around for a few minutes.
- Reluctantly pull on my workout clothes and exercise (usually trying to avoid excessive perspiration).
- Rush to work, where I coordinate mental health research. Some days, I’ll volunteer with women, children, and the elderly after I’m off.
- Get home and make a beeline for the kitchen, where I promptly open the refrigerator, snack, and work on preparing dinner while Netflix/Hulu plays in the background.
- Pass out.
No matter what time it is, you’ll find me obsessing over food, health, design, and baby animals.
This space is meant to be:
- an excuse to explore different things (e.g., justify dining out every so often), and
- a means of flexing my creative muscles, and
- an outlet through which I can express whatever vapid thoughts I’d otherwise unload on my poor friends and family.
My love for writing is overshadowed only by a longstanding obsession with food, so naturally those two things will be showcased most often here.
More than anything, though, I just want this place to be an organic extension of my consciousness… so consider yourself warned. Professional food/lifestyle/whatever blog, this is not. I’d like this little slice of the Internet pie to remain playful, because I hate taking myself too seriously (despite a serious case of sentimentality). I also want to be able to discuss things near and dear to my heart when I feel the need. Basically, I just want this to be whatever it wants (or I want) to be: formless, free, fun, and super-real.
Contact: yoursjulieblog [ a t ] gmail [ d o t ] com